Change Date: 4/11/2017
Job title: Customer Service Representative
Salary Structure: Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Team Manager, Operations
Position Summary: The Customer Service Representative is responsible for answering and handling inbound calls from AON clients. The Customer Service Representative is accountable for answering all concerns and questions while providing excellent customer service. The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for providing professional, knowledgeable, helpful, courteous, and responsive customer service to ensure the member receives excellent customer-focused telephone service.
- Assist customers with a wide variety of questions via information accessed through the computer.
- Review employee accounts and answer questions based upon established policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of Aon’s programs and services through on-going classroom and computer-based programs.
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot complex issues with little guidance
- Possess a high degree of tack, diplomacy and professionalism when dealing with all types of customers
- Possess the ability to work under pressure in a call center environment
- Possess exceptional conversational and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and be able to diffuse difficult situations
- Possess the ability to decipher and articulate the customer perspective so that the customer’s needs and concerns are accurately and empathetically addressed
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills
- Perform additional tasks as directed.
Essential skills and experience
- College degree or Junior College degree preferred in addition to 1 year full time customer service related experience in financial services and/or health care industry
- High School diploma or equivalency and 3 years customer service related experience in financial services and/or health care industry.
- Ability to multi-task (talk and type at the same time) and use multiple applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Suite, Windows applications and Lotus Notes while focusing on multi-tasking using several windows applications at once while assisting a customer
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service while ensuring that the customer’s questions, issues and concerns have been satisfied
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and dependable in an environment constantly upgrading/enhancing service/technology capabilities to its’ customers
- Flexibility to work specified shift and extended hours as necessary